Job ID: 10102020 | SeekLiveDVB LLC
SeekLiveDVB is the leading integrator and provider of support services for video solutions, multiscreen content delivery, major content publishers, and we are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our Global Technical Support Team.
Technical Support Engineers at SeekLiveDVB will own customer issues throughout their complete lifecycle while providing knowledgeable and responsive technical support for our enterprise customers. Our customers include small and large enterprise customers and includes cloud based workflows. You will be responsible for issue investigation, identifying software defects, in-depth and complex repro cases across multiple products and services, workarounds, and researching cutting-edge or unfamiliar technologies. This is a complex, fast-paced, and high-throughput environment where frequent context shifting and multi-tasking is required.
In this role, you will:
· Track, investigate, and resolve customer questions and issues by phone and email at various levels of complexity and customer impact.
· Act as an escalation point for the most complex and in-depth issues that potentially span multiple external and internal organizations while working independently.
· Respond to alerts and notifications for alarms triggered by monitoring tools indicating service issues for a customer’s video delivery workflow.
· Communicate directly with internal organizations to complete root cause analyses, issue investigation, workarounds and defect resolution.
· Develop and implement complex repro cases to identify potential software defects, misconfigurations, or issues in customer environments.
· Use case management tools to manage and prioritize issues based on multiple factors including customer impact.
· Contribute to training material and documentation for both internal and customer-facing users.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar discipline.
· 2+ years of experience working in enterprise-level technical/customer support.
· 2+ years of experience with Linux operating systems, particularly with networking and system administration.
· 2+ years of experience with LAN configuration, Internet protocols, server applications and related troubleshooting tools.
· Bilingual in English and Spanish.
· Knowledge of compressed and uncompressed digital video and audio standards, especially around HEVC, H.264 and MPEG-2 technologies.
· Knowledge of video packaging and delivery mechanisms such as HLS, DASH, CMAF, RTMP, UDP, and file based workflows.
· Experience with Cloud Computing, especially Amazon Web Services.
· Experience with “Players, such as JW Player, Theo Player, Bitmovin, etc.
· Experience analyzing and troubleshooting RESTful web API calls on command line and tools (Postman).
· Experience with CentOS or RedHat Linux distributions.
· Experience with Salesforce and/or JIRA.
· Excellent hardware/software problem-solving skills and ability to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner with minimal guidance.
· Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, Apache, SNMP, Wireshark, or MPEG Transport Stream analyzers.
· Experience with Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) (e.g. AWS CloudFront , Akamai, EdgeCast, Level 3, Fastly, Limelight).
· Strong written, verbal, and documentation skills to effectively communicate with customers and peers.
· Ability to effectively gauge customer impact and temperature to prioritize issue investigation.
· Ability to multi-task and quickly shift focus throughout the day depending on priorities.
· Ability to work effectively within and across teams.
· Ability to work independently and gauge priority of multiple competing tasks.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
SeekLiveDVB is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. SeekLiveDVB is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate.